Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A frightening encounter

My office is currently undergoing some serious construction. It is necessary to walk around the entire buliding on this boardwalk that has been constructed. The boardwalk is about as wide as two people and takes about 10 minutes to walk at a good pace.

As I was going home yesterday, I noticed a person ahead of me on the boardwalk walking much slower than I was. As I got closer to her, I noticed the long, white walking stick that was in front of her. I realized that she was blind, which explained the slow pace and the swerving. Well I thought she would hear me come up behind her and move to the side so I could get by. No such luck however, the blind woman was wearing headphones. I couldn't get by without touching her, and in today's working envronment, physical contact with a person of the opposite sex is a big no-no.

Anyways, I was stuck behind her for 15 excruciating minutes. What blind person listens to music while walking? It's like being deaf and then closing your eyes while driving. So foolish. That women is an accident waiting to happen. A walking Hindenberg.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home