Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

On the imbibement of libations

I had thought the college was the time to go out and get smashed. It was a fun thing to do, encouraged socialization, and since I did have really any responsibilities, it was nearly consequence free. I enjoyed the drinking and looked forward to hitting the bottle occasionally.

The feelings I experienced in college pale in comparision to the urges that I have in the office. Nothing makes me want to have a drink more than slogging through 8 hours of absolute, mind-numbing work that serves no purpose other than I get paid for doing it.

I have heard stories of the good old days at the office, when on slow days, jungle juice would be brewed in the meeting room and everybody would spend the day getting hammered. That is not allowed to happen anymore. How I wish that wasn't the case. It seems to be the only way to get through the day with my sanity in tact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home