Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Friday, November 03, 2006

I am an addict

I am addicted to the internet:
1. Lying about how much time is spent online.
2. General decrease of physical activity and social life.
3. Neglecting obligations at home, work, or school to spend time online.
4. Spending too much money on computer equipment or Internet activities.
5. Feeling a constant desire to be online when they're away from the computer.
6. Going online to escape real world problems.
7. Disregarding the emotional or physical consequences of being in front of a computer all day.
8. Denial of the problem.


Let's run down the symptoms for me.
1. I say I spend 8 hours a day online when I really only spend like 5.
2 Since starting employment in July, my social life and physical activity have come to a grinding halt.
3. I sometimes forget to call my parents because I have emailed them.
4. I keep spending way too much online. Heating bill, cell phone bill...when will my madness end?
5. I yearn to lay with my computer at all times.
6. I consistently escape the real world and go online and read about politcs for hours on end.
7. I don't know what these are but yes I am disregarding them.
8. I don't think I am addicted to the internet.

Whoa, I am really addicted. Maybe I should seek help. Or maybe I should just watch more TV. At least I am only addicted to the one internet and not the many other internets that to which I could be addicted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home