Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Its Genius!

I was going through the motions while doing some math work today, and I realised that I needed a straight edge in order to graph one of the problems and complete the assignment. I asked around the lunch table to see if anyone had a straight edge, and although all of them probably did, none were offered up for my use. I then turned to my own bag and reached into the pile of loose papers and notebooks that it has become. I came up triumphant with a cd case, and began to draw the graph. As I was drawing, I noticed that the cd I was using as a strait edge was in fact the Minor Threat Discography. I explained the hilarity of this situation to my colleagues, and they chuckled, but found nowhere near as much amusement in the situation as I did.

And now, a poem:

Epigram for Wall Street
by Edgar Allan Poe

I'll tell you a plan for gaining wealth,
Better than banking, trade or leases —
Take a bank note and fold it up,
And then you will find your money in creases!
This wonderful plan, without danger or loss,
Keeps your cash in your hands, where nothing can trouble it;
And every time that you fold it across,
'Tis as plain as the light of the day that you double it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger albatross said...

wow thats one helluva story

 

Post a Comment

<< Home