Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Logician (Maybe a Magician) Needed

So I have no idea of how to evaluate the following sentence:
This statement is true.

"This statement" is referring to the sentence itsel, not some outside sentence. I don't know how to go about evaluating the truth of the statement. It is a proposition so one would think it would be true or false. Is it self-evidently true? Is it meanlingless? Have I not gotten enough sleep the past few days? My mind is boggled.

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger albatross said...

YAYY!!! My first SPAM message. I feel like an official *blogger.*

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger albatross said...

however, if it is false, then it has a truth-value? *boggled*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home