Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Catty Shack

My spuervisor has been up and down the cubicles today with pictures of her new apartment and her two cats who somehow managed to get into the ceiling boards. This is how she brought it up with me.

S:Hey John, one quick thing.

J:Yes.

S: (looks puzzled) Oh wow I totally forgot what I was going to say. I've just been so tired. (looks at me with anticipatory look on her face)

J: (with a resigned expression as eyes glaze over) Why are you so tired?

S: (very perky) Well it's my darn cats...blah blah blah...and here I have pictures on my cell phone...blah blah blah...my cats are just crazy.(15 minutes elaspe)

J: Oh wow, maybe you should just put them down. Just kidding. Heh.

And then she moves onto the next helpless victim.

If I ever spend 3 hours of my day at the office talking about my cats when I am 43, please have me put down.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I felt bored just thinking about what she may or may not have said to you. I'm glad that I didn't have to sit through that.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You already spend hours at a time talking about your ridiculous cats, and you don't even live with them. In fact I find the fact that you choose to reminisce about them sick and sad. The difference between you and said supervisor is simply that you will begin your rambling admiration without any prompting.

If I hear that your cats are "evolving" one more time I think I may have to fly to England and put them down myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home