Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Secret Santa

We did an office Secret Santa. I was under the impression that the point of a "Secret" Santa was that nobody knows who gave them what so that no feelings are hurt and no grudges are held. Well in my office the *secret* part is about as well-kept as the identity of Superman, in other words not all.

We all gathered around the conference table. The first person opened their gift, and immediately said, "Who gave this to me? I need to know. I love it." The giver then identified him/her/itself and the secret part was out the window.

My boss then proceeded to describe a joke he saw on the Mind of Mencia that was wholly inappropriate for an office setting. the punchline made fun of Koreans for eating dogs. I guess he thought since there are no asians in my office that it would be acceptable.

What did I get? I got this. What did I give? I gave this.
Both excellent presents indeed.

All in all, another awesome office experience.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those gifts are amazing. Julia got a shot glass game for Xmas. I got "Shot Glass Checkers" for my 21st b-day.

As for the "secret" part of "Secret Santa", as far as I recall from grade school, it was supposed to take a week or two and it was secret up until the final day when the identity of the secret stalker would be revealed. In the 6th grade, there were two Sashas in my class who were also best friends. Subsequently, I drew the name of one of them, and thought I had picked the other. They figured out that I was the "secret santa" pretty quickly and told me I had the wrong Sasha. Very embarrassing, especially at the young age of 12.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home