Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Day in the Life of Me

So, by popular demand, here is the blow-by-blow account of what I've done at work:

8:30-Arrive at office, say hello to selected co-workers.
8:32- Hang up David Brent poster in my cubicle; explain to co-worker that it is a motivational poster. It's a poster filled with quotes from the show the Office- British Version. I have thus ensured that no one in my office will find any of the lines funny.
8:35- Explain to another co-worker that my paperclip paperclip is not a chain used in sadomasochistic activities.
8:40 Read footballoutsiders.com
9:17-Posted hilarious comments on y2summer.blogspot.com
9:20 Find Southpark video on youTube; Post it on blog
9:25-Explain to my supervisor, who was at class all last week, what I did last week. Explained that I needed her help to complete some tasks. She said she'd get back to me this afternoon.
9:30- Took picture of paperclip paperclip on cell phone, emailed it to myself, posted on blog.
9:36-Posted link to paperclip paperclip on brother's facebook profile.
10:00-Watched Youtube video of the last 2 minutes of 1994 Michigan- ND game won by...click here to find out (trust me; it's exciting).
10:38- Had a brief conversation on the telephone with my girlfriend
11:13- Had another brief conversation with girlfriend on telephone.
11:20-Intermittenly read various websites, while spacing out. listened to pandora.com. Hit refresh on Pandora until "Monsoon" by Robbie Williams played.
12:30- Emailed mother regarding airline miles
12:35- Buy lunch of hamburger, baked Lays, and Diet Coke. Eat lunch at desk. Chuckle to myself after seeing overweight coworker eat a Quarter Pounder w/cheese and fries.
12:55-Have another brief conversation with girlfriend.
1:20- Read Tuesday Morning Quarterback on espn.com; followed by Monday Morning Quarterback:Tuesday Edition on SI.com.
2:00-Supervisor proclaims that she is burnt out for the day, will meet me tomorrow to discuss things. Apologizes for lack of work.
2:01-Compose GMINH post for blog; Crack myself up
2:45- Recieve response from my mother; she claims that my brother says I don't have enough to do at work.
3:00- Buy Diet Pepsi as blood-sugar crashes
3:25- Write comment on dailykos.com chiding Kos for his misspelling of Katie "Kouric".
3:30-Compose this post

All time not specifically accounted for in this journal was spent surfing the internet(s) or using the bathroom. All social interaction has been accounted for. The rest of the day will be spent idly surfing the internet(s).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Mary-Cha said...

what? no post yet today? its nearly 1245pm! you cant possibly have enough work to keep you from blogging...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home