Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Masterplan

So I was reading the Washington Post Express this morning on the Metro. It's the free paper that a lot of commuters read. They have this section near the back of the paper called "Blog Log" where they print some random opinions about news of the day found from blogs. Normally these snippets consist of "Boy that Bush is some sort of something," or "The Metro was really crowded today," or "Britney is sooooooo trashy" and other pithy things.

But I noticed today that there was a quote on the David Banh ariticle that I posted about yesterday (that jerk who graduated from UVA in one year). It was from thunderrun.blogspot.com. (although in the paper in was thunderrun.blogsopt.com)
Why do I care? Because I'm sure that the guy who edits the section got the quote by going throught the washingtonpost.com and looking at the "What the blogs are saying about this article section" that accompanies the article. I, for one, had record traffic yesterday because of referrals from that article.

So it is now my goal to make into the Express. I will write about a popular Washington Post story every day until this happens. I will make at least one extremely pithy statement that moralizes way too much per post. I know it's a lame and sort of stupid goal, but it's all about gaming the system (whatever that means).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home