Almost Clever

Observations about life and stories that border on being funny and/or inspired.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

How to do Nothing at Work and Still Get Paid

That is the title of this video.


I agree with most of the points raised. I most certainly keep a cluddered desk and I always set up my sick days beforehand. Just the other week I wanted to go to a St Patrick's day themed drinking fest on a Friday morning. So the day before, I started coughing and complaining about my allergies to my supervisor. When I called the next morning, she actually suggested that I not come into work. I have also used the bad reaction to food excuse, the take my girlfriend to the hospital excuse, the flu excuse, and of course the bad reaction to medicine excuse. Wow, I have taken a lot of sick days.

The best way to do nothing at work and still get paid, however, is to work in an industry that has no competitors, profits, and little accountability while still having an overblown budget that is paid by the whole country. Mmmmm, bureaucracy, the Eden of the lazy, overpaid employee.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home